?

No account? Create an account
Our implausible lives - The Livejournal Realists

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

June 2nd, 2005

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
ultidestru
01:25 pm - Our implausible lives
I remember once my dad and I were driving through the country. It was a bright, clear day. There wasn't a cloud in the sky... except one. This cloud was small, and shaped like a thumbprint. And it was dark. Implausibly dark. "Boy, if you painted that it would sure look dumb," my dad said, "It looks dumb up there!" And it did. It was real, but by god it didn't look realistic.

I'm curious if I can get any of you fellow realists to do this. Think of a moment from your life that, when removed from context, seems implausible. Like if you read it in a book you'd roll your eyes cuz it'd just be too weird or ridiculous or whatever. Write about this moment under the comments section of this entry. You can phrase it however you like, but try not to embellish or lie.

I'll go first so you know what I'm talking about:

**Standing on top of a plateau near the border of Laos, singing the US national anthem at the top of my lungs along with another American, while a couple of Brazilians sang their respective national anthem at the top of their lungs

**Sitting in a greasy spoon in Minnesota with a Norwegian, a Japanese, a Serbain and a Spaniard

**Watching a five legged cow being fed beer while walking up to a monkey temple

Can I get two other Realists to participate, I wonder?

--UD

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:

[User Picture]
From:knotwellone
Date:June 3rd, 2005 04:14 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Howabout ending up downtown in Minneapolis at two-thirty A.M. with a homophobic black man that has just saved a white creole racist queer's life by helping him get away from a bloody mugging?
Yes, I sat between them on a bus bench...
[User Picture]
From:ultidestru
Date:June 6th, 2005 01:15 am (UTC)
(Link)
Yup, I figured you'd probably have some good ones... The Rollins (sp?) House Era (or "RHE" for short) alone probably has enough for a novel! Pity I missed most of it.
[User Picture]
From:vogdoid
Date:June 6th, 2005 05:38 pm (UTC)

not sure this fits

(Link)
I once demanded my dear friend "pay a toll" in order that he may use a bed in my house to sleep with a girl who I'd had a crush on (and introduced him to) & had to warsh sheets the next day.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com