[User Picture]
From:vogdoid
Date:April 18th, 2005 09:53 am (UTC)
(Link)

What would you like to know?
[User Picture]
From:blairette
Date:April 18th, 2005 09:29 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Well, first of all, what is an LJ realist? How do they lead their lives? And what are their principles?
[User Picture]
From:vogdoid
Date:April 19th, 2005 03:58 am (UTC)
(Link)

Those are a lot of questions. It might take some time to thoroughly sort these things out. But for the time being, I will say this:

The LJ Realists was a commmunity started by residents of the Journosphere who are primarily concerned with *Keeping It Real*. We used to roll in a different comm but things got just a little hairy over there so we had to set up this new camp a while ago. There are plenty of ways to approach this maxim. Kevin Costner put it one way when he said "Long Live Your Dreams" and Mother Teresa put it another when she said "We Live Together, We Ride Together, BBFL". My mentor, Buttons, once said something about "to be the cream", while G******2 has his own completely original style that can't be reduced to a slogan. I don't think anyone around here would dispute that all of the above are Realists

There are some things Realists disagree on, but if there's one thing that unites us, its the fact that we never shy away from a challenge, especially 1 that involves Keeping it Real. But I don't want to start sounding like a broken record. Of course there are ways that we "lead our lives" as you put it and I suppose we have a fairly codified set of "principles", but those aren't the kind of things you can just hang up in a 2-paragraph Livejournal comment and expect it all to make sense. If you choose 2 roll like this, some day it will; I can promise that much. Some day, probably soon.

[User Picture]
From:ultidestru
Date:April 22nd, 2005 06:16 am (UTC)
(Link)
I think Mr. Vogdoid made some nice points, but I would also like to reaffirm something that he said about, that being that unlike ants*, which are just nerds with absolutely NO discernable individual personalities at all, Realists are all their own men; they play by their own rules. BUT "sometimes you gotta break the rules" too, to quote the BK "have it your way" slogan.

Maybe my explanation is a little bit convoluted, but isn't the WORLD convoluted, and isn't one way to make good art to hold a mirror up to the world and say "here it is"? Not that I'm saying this comment is good art, or even art at all. I'm not an egotist after all!

Well, I guess Vogdoid's comments are better than mine but oh well. I tried, and "at the end of the day" (to quote Mel Gibson) "isn't that what really matters?"

Ultimate Destruction

*I hope I don't offend any ant admirers out there but I just really don't like ants and stand by my comments about them.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com