[User Picture]
From:vogdoid
Date:April 15th, 2005 10:36 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I could not get the video to play, but indeed, dear friend, this looks like a movie of some sort.

After that, I had a dream about Mr. Show. Strange, I never dream about tv anymore, probably because I never watch tv anymore, but there it was.

This realist, for one, used to derive a certain degree of pleasure from those "generic, wacky Japanese comedy show"s that you mention. Especially the ones that made no sense whatsoever, or involved lame, repetitive challenges (such as: taking turns putting hot sauce on a plate of spaghetti until someone is forced to eat it). (Gaman being the key word here, right?)

More on this later.
[User Picture]
From:ultidestru
Date:April 18th, 2005 12:44 am (UTC)

何かいいのある?

(Link)
Hey, don't get me wrong; I like those wacky Japanese shows too. I just don't think any of them ever really stuck with me the way this Grandma Zone one has. It's been a week since I saw it for the first time and I still find myself recalling lines and then bursting into giddy laughter; total vintage "Mr. Show" or "Simpsons" moments.

Okay, that's it; I'll probably just buy the damned thing and bring it back with me over Christmas, to subject you and Mr. Knotwell to it. I'm curious about both of your reactions, but you, Mr. Vogdoid, in particular, because it's in Japanese without English subtitles. Like I say, I'm curious how y'all will react to it. I could VERY easily seeing it getting one of your patented "God"s, though... only time will tell! Meet you at Arik's region-free DVD player!

--UD--

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com